Track & Field Championships
Saturday 13/Sunday 14 May 2017
The 2017 Track & Field Championships will take place at the Mountbatten Centre, Portsmouth on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 May.
Postal entries must be received by Friday 28 April.
Online entries will close on Friday 28 April at 23:59.
Entries will only be accepted after 28 April in exceptional circumstances.
Action from the Championships in 2016 [Photos: J-P Bisson; Daily Echo]
We regret that no guest entries will be accepted.
No entries will be accepted on either day of the Championships.
What's new for 2017?
In response to requests last year, Under 15 Girls' 300 metres has been introduced as a new event on Saturday. In consequence, the Under 15 Girls 800 metres has been moved from Saturday to Sunday, and the Under 15 Girls 1500 metres has been moved from Sunday to Saturday, in line with the Under 17, Under 20 and Senior Women's events.
The provisional track and field timetables are similar to the actual timetable for last year. As usual there will be some alterations to timings in the finalised timetables depending on the numbers of entries received, whether heats are required and how many heats are needed.
The entry fees have been held at the same level as last year.
|Senior Men||Senior Women|
|Under 20 Men||Under 20 Women|
|Under 17 Men||Under 17 Women|
|Under 15 Boys||Under 15 Girls|
|Under 13 Boys||Under 13 Girls|
The starting heights for High Jump and Pole Vault are shown for each age group. Subsequent progression will be 5cm for High Jump and 10cm for Pole Vault.
Note: The finalised timetable will be published here one week before the
championship. It will also be sent to competitors by email if you have given
your email address on your entry form.
No copies of the timetable will be sent out by post.
You can also enter the Track & Field Championships online.
At the start of April 2016, new UKA Rules for Competition came into effect which included important changes regarding compulsory athlete registration in competitions held under UKA Rules (these rules apply in competitions for the Under 13 Age Group and above).
It is therefore important that competing athletes ensure they are up to date with payment of their club subscriptions and that, when due, their 'club subs' are renewed promptly so that their England Athletics athlete registration fee can be paid.
So far as the Track & Field Championships are concerned, the registrations of all athletes entering the Championships will be checked. It will be helpful and save time if you can specify your England Athletics registration number on your entry form, but this is not essential - your entry will be checked anyway.
You will be informed if you aren't registered or your registration is out of date, in which case please ensure that you are correctly registered before the championships.
PLEASE NOTE: As it is not possible for an individual to register with England Athletics other than through an affiliated club, no unattached athletes can be accepted in the Championships. However, we can accept entries from unattached athletes studying at schools and colleges which are affiliated to Hampshire Schools' AA - please write the name of your school or college in the Club box instead.
Instructions on entry
- First check that you are qualified to compete in the Hampshire Championships:
- You must have been born in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight or the Channel Islands, or
- You must have been resident continuously or in H.M. Forces service
in these areas for at least nine months prior to the championships.
- You must not have competed for another county or in another county's championships during the current competition year.
All athletes must be registered with England Athletics (see additional information above).
- Please remember that when competing, club or approved representative vests must be worn. For health and safety reasons, headphones must not be worn in the arena.
- Download the entry form using one of the links above.
- Fill in your name, date of birth, club, address and telephone
number. Use the following table to check your age group:
Age Group Must be born between (inclusive) Male Female U13B U13G 1st September 2004 - 31st August 2006 U15B U15G 1st September 2002 - 31st August 2004 U17M U17W 1st September 2000 - 31st August 2002 U20M U20W 1st January 1998 - 31st August 2000 SM SW on or before 31st December 1997
NOTE: Athletes may only enter in one age group throughout the championships.
- Look at the appropriate timetable of events to find the event number for your age group. Please note that all times shown are provisional and are to help you plan entries. The actual times (but not the day) may be changed depending on entries received. For example, if fewer than eight entries are received for any track event, no heats will be required and the timetable may be adjusted accordingly.
- Select the events you wish to enter, and write the code number and name of each event and your best performances in the spaces provided on the form. Please note that under UKA Rules, Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17 athletes must not compete in more than three events on any one day. For Under 20 athletes the maximum is five. There is no limit for senior athletes.
- Entry fees:
One event: £10 Two events: £14 Three events: £18 Additional events: £4 each Make cheques payable to Hampshire Athletics
- Send your entry form and total entry fee to:
Flat 4 Hazeldene
2 York Road
to arrive no later than Friday 28 April.
Joint Championship Secretaries