South of England AA Cross-Country Championships 2016
30 January at Parliament Hill Fields, London
Hampshire athletes collected three gold, three silver and one bronze individual medals at the 2016 South of England AA Cross-Country Championships which were held at Parliament Hill Fields in London.
Success came in the first race of the day when Zak Mahamed and Lachlan Wellington led home the field to take the Under 15 Boys' gold and silver medals. In the very next race, Nicole Ainsworth won the gold medal in the Under 13 Girls' race, and it wasn't long before Josie Czura completed a trio of gold medals when she won the Under 15 Girls' race by a clear minute.
In the Under 17 Men's race, Jack Boswell took the bronze medal, and then came a pair of silver medals: Lucy Pygott in the Under 17 Women's competition and Mo Mahamed, runner-up in the Under 20 Men's race:
- Zakariya Mahamed (Southampton): Under 15 Boys - 1st
- Josie Czura (City of Portsmouth): Under 15 Girls - 1st
- Nicole Ainsworth (City of Portsmouth): Under 13 Girls - 1st
- Mahamed Mahamed (Southampton): Under 20 Men - 2nd
- Lachlan Wellington (City of Portsmouth): Under 15 Boys - 2nd
- Lucy Pygott (Aldershot, Farnham & District): Under 17 Women - 2nd
- Jack Boswell (Aldershot, Farnham & District): Under 17 Men - 3rd
Aldershot, Farnham & District were once gain the most prolific team medal-winners on the day, with golds in the Senior, Under 20 and Under 17 Women's, Under 20 Men's and Under 15 Boys' events, and silver in the Under 13 Boys' race.
Athletes from a total of 13 Hampshire-affiliated clubs took part.